New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

problem installing windows 7 on iMac 27''

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

27med

27med is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac, i5, 3.1 GHZ, 1 T, 8g RAM :)

Hello

I bought the new iMac 27'', 3.1 GHz, 8 G RAM.

also bought online, both windows 7 home edition, and Parallels Desktop 6, now I downloaded ISO files from the link sent to my email. when I run Parallels, and locate the ISO files, I stop at the black screen and the message appears "BOOTMGR is missing, press ALT+CTRL+DELETE to restart". I looked everywhere for clear steps to install windows 7 with OUT CD/DVD, but I hope you guys help me with it. sorry for my bad grammar and all that. thanks in advance!

P.S all my softwares are official

27'med
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Did you burn the downloaded ISO files to disk?
QUOTE Thanks
27med

No, but I can choose "image file/ISO file" instead of CD/DVD. I want to try to burn it, but how? on my iMac? thanks for your reply.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Yes, on your Mac. Use Disk Utility to burn the ISO images to DVD.

Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Parallels is more than capable of installing from an ISO as well as a disc.

If you double click on the ISO does it mount in Finder so you can browse the files etc?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
chrispayne123

chrispayne123 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook pro mid 2012 2.5ghz i1 4gb ddr3 ram, 500gb hdd

surly it would make more sense to use the disc would be more relyible, plus you cant get a iso file to boot up on boot up
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute

We're talking about an install in parallels, a virtual machine. Not booting the 'real' iMac.

If Parallels can't read the ISO I'd suggest the file is corrupt. So burning it to disc won't solve that. That's why I suggested mounting the disc to see if the files can be read etc.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
chrispayne123

ah ok i got the rong end of the stick my bad , have you tried extracting the iso then creating it as an iso again sometimes that would work. if not try using a program called power iso that makes a virtual cd drive in mac so you can mount iso files
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

Don't mean to keep doing this... Apologies....

OSX can natively mount ISOs no extra software required

QUOTE Thanks
chrispayne123

i tried using an iso and your right mnac dose support iso, the iso file must be corrupt, it might be worth trying to burn in to disc, but then if its genuine iso from microsoft it should work
QUOTE Thanks
SammySlim

SammySlim is a jewel in the roughSammySlim is a jewel in the rough

Downloading .ISO files is a chancy business - when I've done it with Linux, for example, about half the time the .ISO gets corrupted and I have to re-download it. Doesn't take much of a glitch to render it uninstallable - much lower threshold than images or audio or gaming - every little bit needs to be there exactly right. You can run a checksum to be certain. But the simplest thing is probably to download it once more and try the install again.
QUOTE Thanks
27med

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
We're talking about an install in parallels, a virtual machine. Not booting the 'real' iMac.

If Parallels can't read the ISO I'd suggest the file is corrupt. So burning it to disc won't solve that. That's why I suggested mounting the disc to see if the files can be read etc.
Thanks for replying,

I did burn ISO file on DVD, it won't work, I do not know what do you mean by mounting the disc, I received links from Microsoft with product key, the link gave me options ( 32'' bit, 64 bit, 32 bit ISO, 64 bit ISO) .

Any Idea?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

If you double-click the ISO it will (if it's a full and un corrupt ISO) mount in finder. I.E. You see the disc in the lift pane of Finder in the same way/place you'd see a CD or DVD appear.

Either way I suspect the ISO image is corrupt and I'd suggest downloading it again.

QUOTE Thanks
27med

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
If you double-click the ISO it will (if it's a full and un corrupt ISO) mount in finder. I.E. You see the disc in the lift pane of Finder in the same way/place you'd see a CD or DVD appear.

Either way I suspect the ISO image is corrupt and I'd suggest downloading it again.
I will try. thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boot Camp Verification Fail? | OSx - Vista file sharing ? »