New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

windows on mac closed unexpectedly and does not open anymore

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lolarennt

lolarennt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 27'' i5

Hello,
while using windows on my imac computer,
it shut down unexpectedly with a strange sound,
after that I tried many times to open on windows mode but it doesn't open correctly,only with safe function and everything is a mess ,when I select normal function a blue window appears which I can not read because it disappears immidiatelly.
Any suggestions? Has anyone experienced same problem?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
lolarennt

Also, has this nothing to do with Tuxera NTFS(on mac)? Because it's expired.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Since I have no idea what's going on with your Windows installation, the only recommendation I have is to either try to repair Windows or reinstall.

You didn't say which version of Windows you're running, but you should be able to search using Google to find out how to do a repair. It's different for the various versions so be sure to use the correct method.
QUOTE Thanks
lolarennt

I use windows 7 home premium, but finally it looks as if the problem occurred while I was trying to install avg (antivirus program) which has not been installed it correctly and in safe mode I get a message catastrophic error.
The windows partition starts only in safe mode where there's no much I can do.

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Looks like a deletion of the Windows partition and a clean install of Windows 7 via Bootcamp. As a suggestion download and use Microsoft Security Essentials. It is a free program that updates quite easily.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
lolarennt

Do you mean to download in mac,and run it in windows safe mode by an external disc,cause I have no internet access in safe mode.

Thanks again!
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute

No. Did you print the Bootcamp instructions? If so go to page 14 and see how to delete Windows and the Windows partition. Then start a fresh install of Bootcamp. When Windows 7 is up and running, then connect to the net and Google 'Microsoft Security Essentials', download and run.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
lolarennt

Ok now I understand! I have instrunctions!
So, there isn't way not to delete windows and run it again I suppose.
Have you any idea if all of these running and deleting and running again cause problems to mac pc? Also,which edition of windows 7(home premium,ultimate or proffessional) is more appropriate for imac intel core i5?
Thanx a lot!
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

Personal preference on a Mac Pro is Ultimate. Rock steady and fast. Erasing partitions and reinstalling Bootcamp should not detract from the operation of the hard drive.

QUOTE Thanks
lolarennt

Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

Remember lolarennt hard drives are typical FREDs. Who can forecast when and if they will fail. What is a FRED? well the RED part stands for 'ridiculous electronic device' and leave it to your imagination to work out the 'F'.

QUOTE Thanks
lolarennt

Wow! I probably should already know that! Thanks anyway!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hosts File Fails to Redirect Drupal MultiSite Installation | Questions about Windows »