Post Password protect access to windows partition from mac osx
    Hi all,
    I have seen many posts where people are looking for a way to password protect bootcamp during startup. This is not what I require, I have on my OSX desktop both my HDD/partitions (i.e. MAC OSX & Win7)
    As you know I can simply double tap my way from here through all of my win7 directories.

Is there a way to put a password on this partition from the mac desktop? so that If i try and double tap into the windows partition it will not allow me without successfully entering it?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

The Republic of Neptune
    I have no personal experience with this, but it looks like you will need encryption software. Here's one:
    TrueCrypt - Free Open-Source On-The-Fly Disk Encryption Software for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X and Linux

Here's another. They indicate it is for external drives only though. It appears that when you insert the USB stick, it'll prompt you for a password before mounting. I don't know how this would, if it even could, work for internal drives. If it does work, you'd probably have to leave the drive dismounted and use Disk Utility to mount it each time you want in. This may render the partition unbootable though. That's all pure speculation on my part, but still you might find it useful.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    As lifeisabeach recommended, use TrueCrypt. It's easy to install and remove. Just don't forget the master password!

I was looking into TrueCrypt over the weekend.
    It is a good solution but I would have thought that some feature on my OSX app would have been able to enable this.

Thank you both for the help I really appreciate the tip guys

Thread Information