macbook windows 7
    Hi eveybody I had a question about a topic i looked through the thread and was not able to fin my specific probleml. I have a white macbook from 07 upgraded ram and hdd. I have installed snow leapord and have installed windows 7 from bootcamp assistant. Windows functions perfectly I have the 32 bit version of professional installed. I can not right click or use the speakers. I have inserted the install disks 1 and 2 in the computer while running windows but the drive reads the disks as a blank dvd. I have to then boot to mac just to eject the disk. I clicked the button for bootcamp to find the drivers I need but it brought up nothing error occours every time. I do not know where to find these drivers. I have seen people refer to support.apple.com but I was not able to locate what I need any helpful information would be greatly appreciated thanks for your time..

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Did you download and install Boot Camp 3.1 and 3.2 from Apple? You do that while in Windows 7.

yes I downloaded 3.1 but it said it was pnly an upgrade to 3.0 I have no idea where to find 3.0 I have looked on apple support website but have not had any luck

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    3.0 is what you installed when you inserted your Snow Leopard disc while booted up into Windows to install the drivers.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by keith moran View Post
    yes I downloaded 3.1 but it said it was pnly an upgrade to 3.0 I have no idea where to find 3.0 I have looked on apple support website but have not had any luck
    Now I'm confused. You said you installed Snow Leopard, Boot Camp, and Windows 7. You also stated that when in Windows 7 you inserted your Snow Leopard DVD 1 and 2 and they were read as blank?

What version of Snow Leopard do you have? The upgrade only comes on one disk. Are you sure it wasn't Leopard? Also, as bobtomay stated, the Snow Leopard version of Boot Camp is 3.0. That's why I asked if you had updated to 3.1 and 3.2. Boot Camp 3.0 can not be downloaded from Apple.

ok I have resolved the issue I should have been more clear I had inserted the install disks that came with my 07 macbook which if i remember correctly is tiger. Those were the disks that were read as blank. I did not have the snow leapord disk with me as I lost it. So i did what apple told me not to do and it worked flawlessly. I used my girlfriends macbook pro snow leapord disk that came with her computer. Even though that disk is hardware specific all of the drivers worked and windows 7 is now running good. Thanks for all of your help I appreciate it. Not the thread but my windows 7 clock always has the wrong time lol will tear into it another week.

Specs:
    OK, glad you resolved it. Visit often and don't forget to buy your own copy of Snow Leopard, and hang on to it this time.

Thread Information