New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Permenant Clean

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shavian

shavian is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mac book pro 1st gen stuffed

what is the best history deletion software for mac - my roomate did some unsavory browsing and i take my computer to work and need to delete permenantly any and all traces. What software co. is best? MacKeeper? Clean my mac? etc etc - too many choices and cant seem to get a straight answer from reviews etc - need help asap!
Sincerely,
S
QUOTE Thanks
shavian

Hi all, i know there are far better informed gurus out there than lil ol moi - so folks, what say you? Did i post my question in the wrong forum? 25 of you already viewed my permanent clean post and none of you have an answer/ I am certain that at least one of you gurus would have an idea no?.... Your knowledge is appreciated thank you very much!
QUOTE Thanks
shavian

Anyone?.......
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

You should wait longer when bumping a post - 1/2 an hour is much too short. Just a note for the future.

Each browser has a "cleaning" option so to speak.

1. Safari - Safari > Reset Safari...
2. Chrome - Chrome > Clear Browsing Data...
3. Opera - Tools > Delete Private Data...
4. Firefox - Tools > Clear Recent History...

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I have heard nothing good about MacKeeper. Know nothing about the rest, but why do you need any of them.
Open your web browser and clear history and cookies possibly as well. Go to recents in Apple menu and clear. Empty the trash. Not sure what else you would need to do at this point.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

Might I also suggest that you don't allow your roommate to use your computer. It's your computer and you should be able to dictate exactly how it is used.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
shavian

all understood and the roomie wasnt allowed in the first place - i had to find out the hard way - luckily i wasnt embarrassed by any of it, but i found it and was not impressed - just dont know that even tho i do all the standard erasing browser clearing, cookie delete history delete etc etc - is it enough? are there permenant tracks etc to those sites - do i have to wipe my HD or what?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

I think you may be overly concerned given that you're not embarrassed by any of it. Clear your browser's data and you should be fine. This will be sufficient if the person who accessed your laptop only engaged in such acts through the browser of course.

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
shavian

of course - thx again
s
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows XP | A newbie needing bootcamp help? Who would a thunk it? »