New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Parallels desktop

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

New Mac

New Mac is on a distinguished road

purchased new MacBook Pro, installed parallels 6. messed up when running migration assistant after. Files were corrupted. I have instructions from parellels, but files still appear on hard drive desktop and dock. Do I have have to just move then to trash to free space, so there are no errors when i reinstall parallels? Thank You in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You need to completely uninstall Parallels before reinstalling. See the following Parallels KB article which refers to version 5 but is also good for version 6. LINK
QUOTE Thanks
New Mac

New Mac is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the response. it is similiar to the two KB articles i Listed. I did those then did trash the files still on hard drive, desktop/dock. Installed again, and all appears OK.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« cant bootcamp on new 2011 iMac | No boot cd - Bootcamp installation? »