New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

WinClone Error Cluster 9667058

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Slurpkins

Slurpkins is on a distinguished road

So I am using Winclone for the second time on snowleopard and the first time with Windows 7. Can someone help me around this error?

Do I have to start windows over or can it still be recovered?

Code:
 69.63 percent completed
ERROR: Cluster 9667058 referenced twice!
You didn't shutdown your Windowsproperly?
return value of  "/Library/NTFSProgs/ntfsclone" --rescue -f -f -f -O "/dev/disk0s3"  /dev/disk1 1>&2 is 256

"/Library/NTFSProgs/ntfsclone" --rescue -f -f -f -O "/dev/disk0s3"  /dev/disk1 1>&2 did not complete successfully
cleaning up: Mounting Disk
Volume BOOTCAMP on /dev/disk0s3 mounted
Fri Apr 15 04:02:43 MST 2011
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

What is it exactly that you're trying to do with WinClone? Are you trying to image the Windows partition or restoring it?

Also take note that WinClone is buggy and is no longer being developed. Use at your own risk. However, I believe there is still a WinClone user forum that's active so you may be able to find out more information there.
QUOTE Thanks
Slurpkins

Slurpkins is on a distinguished road

I am trying to restore a Windows 7 img. Ran out of space and thought this would be expedient.
As I have read, I probably should've ran chkdsk before, but I think it is too late. I removed the partition and the winclone is giving me the previously stated error.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

OK, understand. I'm just wagging it here, but from other experiences with WinClone, it looks like it's an overlapping cluster error which means the image is probably toast.

Can you recover your Windows 7 partition data from backup? Were you using the built in Windows 7 backup utility? If you have no other backup other than the WinClone image you may have to create a new partition and reinstall Windows 7.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do I give XP in parallels more ram? | Can I use Microsoft Office install discs (purchased with a Windows setup) on a Mac? »