New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Ugly graphics in Windows 7 in bootcamp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jukk111

jukk111 is on a distinguished road

My macbook pro 17 inch laptop, which I bought in 2010 and windows 7 home edition (32 bits) both worked well until I recently erased everything and reinstalled everything. The mac part works fine with no problems, but the all the images on the bootcamp side are blown up, blurry and ugly. I did not have this problem in my first installation. Also, the games that come with windows say that the graphic and video cards are incompatible or not enabled. The reason why I want to use the windows side is because I use Xara graphic design, so I want my images to look nice. I use the mac side for just about everything else.
I also tried the different sizes in windows screen resolution and none of the sizes match my 17 inch macbook pro screen. How do I stop seeing these inflated images and see real sizes like I did before? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I have to ask... why did you erase everything and reinstall? Very seldom does one have to reinstall OS X, that should be the very last resort to solve a problem.

It appears your Windows 7 is not using the proper display resolution. Did you install all the Windows 7 drivers? (Insert your Snow Leopard DVD while Windows 7 was running.) Also, make sure you download the latest boot camp updates from Apple. 3.1 and 3.2. You do that from Windows 7.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

It has to be driver issue. Try what Chscag suggested. Are you running 10.6 Snow Leopard? If so, put in the OSX 10.6 DVD while in windows and run the Bootcamp installer.
QUOTE Thanks
scottmcp432

scottmcp432 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7

I had a similar issue when I attempted to update my nVidia drivers under bootcamp (Win7 HP). I restored my Win7 install and the issue was resolved.
QUOTE Thanks
jukk111

Hello chscag: I tried your suggestions and downloaded the latest boot camp updates from Apple. 3.1 and 3.2. The Apple 3.2 update was fine but the apple 3.1 update didn't work. I a pop up window it said that I had to have bootcamp 3.0 or later installed.

Hello scottmcp432: How do you restore windows 7 in bootcamp? It's probably very simple but I don't know the process.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
scottmcp432

scottmcp432 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7

First off you would have needed to run Windows backup prior to any updates (e.g.- driver updates) being installed. Fortunately, I backed up my system immediately prior to attempting to update my nVidia driver. When I wound up with the same issue you have now it was a simple manner of going into my control panel and restoring my MBP's Win 7 user files. The experience definitely taught me the importance of backing up. I don't know what I would have been able to do had I neglected to do this. My problem may have been caused by not removing the old gpu drivers during the update, who knows? I did not have this problem when updating my Asus G53JW gpu drivers in the same manner.
QUOTE Thanks
jukk111

Thanks so much scottmcp432. The answer was in the control panel. I found the drivers I needed to update there. I also updated my nVidia driver. Now evrything looks great and works great.
Also, my bootcamp doesn't heat up as much as before. I don't know if that has anything to do with updating drivers.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows 7 wont load on my imac | Three Finger Swipe on Win7? »