New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

A windows question for you mac happy people...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

adrichards88

adrichards88 is on a distinguished road

Ok, I'm a mac user but have a PC user who needs some help. I just thought I'd give mac forum a try before going elsewhere.

Does anyone know how to increase the amount of time you must hover your mouse cursor over a file in order to bring up the little info box that gives the details about that file.

The operating system is Windows 7.

If anyone can answer this, it'd be great.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
adrichards88

Okay, it got a little more complicated. He's managed to turn off that information pop up window on files and folders, but... is it possible to turn this off for system window files
QUOTE Thanks
adrichards88

Here is a screenshot of what I mean:

[/URL][/IMG]
QUOTE Thanks
adrichards88

Here is a screen shot of what I mean:

QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

For the mouse, go into the Control Panel and the Mouse properties app. There should be a setting for that (I don't have my Win7 box in front of me.)

Also, you need to edit your last comment to put the H back in the IMG tags for the address.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Note: Moved to appropriate forum.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
luancho

luancho is on a distinguished road

sorry, there is no way to specify how fast for that pop-up to come up and there is no way either to apply it only to certain type of files or folders. You can turn it on or off and that's it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Big Trouble Installing Windows Bootcamp | Macbook HELP!!! »