Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Poll: Do you like having Windows on your Mac?
    Do you like having Windows on your mac? What version of Windows do you have? What are the pro's and con's?

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougboy17 View Post
    Do you like having Windows on your mac? What version of Windows do you have? What are the pro's and con's?
    Don't have windows, need windows or intend to run windows. Have flirted with the idea of dual booting with a Ubuntu Distro as I am currently running Ubuntu on an old Laptop (rescued from windows).
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Use Fusion and run Windows 7. Think it's fine for those times I need Windows.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
    Have flirted with the idea of dual booting with a Ubuntu Distro as I am currently running Ubuntu on an old Laptop (rescued from windows).
    What about simply virtualizing it? You don't get the 3D effects but those are really just eye-candy anyway. Although, Unity uses 3D effects...
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Bootcamp & Windows 7 64bit - works great, never had any problems. Only have it for gaming as gaming sucks in VM and for some reason they still aren't releasing big titles for both PC and Mac - yet...

Specs:
    mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7
    Windows 7 HP 64-bit. Got it for gaming and gaming only. Cons? Windows is like the bubble boy, you don't dare let it outside for fear of catching a virus. So for EVERYTHING else it's OS X all the way for me.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    What about simply virtualizing it? You don't get the 3D effects but those are really just eye-candy anyway. Although, Unity uses 3D effects...
    Good idea! I may dig out my Ubuntu DvD later and try it.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    I have for now a small install of Vista Ultimate on my C2d iMac. I use it for testing the Windows version of web browsers for comparison with the OSX Version, and installing apps to test out for friends. I could do it in a VM but find especially when I am after testing browsers for speed that things are more accurate using Windows in Bootcamp. Otherwise, I have little use for Windows on my Mac. It's all for testing for me.

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    Good to see you Dennis!

I've got VMWare Fusion installed on my iMac with WinXP SP3. Runs good and allows me to play some Windows only games I like. Thought about bootcamp but I like the whole drag and drop between systems that Fusion gives me.

VirtualBox and Win7. But seldom actually use it anymore ...

Given the cross-platform applications and near-universal web, I currently have no version of Windows installed on a Mac. I had previously used VPC5 on an iBook G3 to run Win2K Pro, which I mostly used with Office. It worked fine but I don't have it installed right now since my iBook only has a 6GB drive and I'm in the midst of a massive project on that computer.

Part of me wants to get Windows 7 running on my Santa Rosa MacBook, but I'd probably only do it out of necessity (that is, if I needed Windows-specific applications for work, development, etc). I find I don't really miss having the option of running Windows around unless I get some tough Office file which won't open with Office for Mac or another program, and even then, I find many more files with fancy formatting are coming to me in PDF format these days (I send most of mine that way too). I do know it would be a better option than purchasing a Windows laptop, however--I already own the hardware and would simply need the software end of the solution. (Budget PC laptops aren't worth it due to the amounts of shovelware installed).

To give a "like" or "dislike" vote, I'm going to say I like the idea, but would only use it out of necessity (i.e. if I was required to use a Windows-specific application).

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    XP through Boot Camp. Wish there was a Mac version of the app I need to use. The other one I use in Windows is an expensive (IMO) architecture design app that I've had for a few years and don't have the money to get the Mac version. *sigh*
    I don't like using Windows at all. Full disclosure: I have not used Win 7 yet, but have heard good things about it.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    I don't think it's a question of liking Windows on my Mac but more of if I need it on my Mac.

Lately I've just been using Crossover to run most of my Windows apps. I'll leave it at that. I like to keep my computing needs separate if possible.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
    I don't run Windows on my Mac. I have no use for it.

- Kyle

Specs:
    17" Macbook Pro, 2.3 Ghz i7, 500GB 7200 RPM, 8GB ram, Radeon 6750 1GB, OS X 10.6.6
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmcp432 View Post
    Windows 7 HP 64-bit. Got it for gaming and gaming only. Cons? Windows is like the bubble boy, you don't dare let it outside for fear of catching a virus. So for EVERYTHING else it's OS X all the way for me.
    HAHA the bubble boy! you nailed it! Whenever I wanted to download a map manually (via website) for CS: Source or DOD: Source, I hold my breath. Stupid windows.

Thread Information