New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Black screen after installing Win7 on late 2009 MacBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacFromPhilly

MacFromPhilly is on a distinguished road

Hi, I've been struggling with this for a long time and TM softwares work horrible in my opinion.

Here's the deal: I have a late 2009 MacBook with Snow Leopard installed and fully updated and I keep on trying to install Win7 through BootCamp but it gets to the part where I enter the basic settings (Computer name, username, time etc.) and then when I restart it I get a black screen with an underline blinking in the corner.

I've read and tried numerous things involving deleting graphic drivers through prompt but it was from a iMac tutorial so I don't know, maybe I deleted different ones than I need to on a MB?

Anyways, help would be much appreciated cause I'm at a stand still and have no idea what to do.
QUOTE Thanks
SammySlim

SammySlim is a jewel in the roughSammySlim is a jewel in the rough

Have you searched the forum for your issue? e.g., "windows black screen blinking cursor?" several threads and suggestions pop up - I would start there and check them out first.

We will need more information about your Windows disc - what kind is it? For example, Windows will not install on BC unless it is either a full retail disc or a system builder's OEM disk. Sounds like this might be a disc you burned from some other source or is a disc that came with another system, perhaps a branded Windows disc from another computer manufacturer.

Check those other posts and then post back.

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

P.S it also has to be Windows XP SP2 or above too.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
MacFromPhilly

MacFromPhilly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammySlim View Post
Have you searched the forum for your issue? e.g., "windows black screen blinking cursor?" several threads and suggestions pop up - I would start there and check them out first.

We will need more information about your Windows disc - what kind is it? For example, Windows will not install on BC unless it is either a full retail disc or a system builder's OEM disk. Sounds like this might be a disc you burned from some other source or is a disc that came with another system, perhaps a branded Windows disc from another computer manufacturer.

Check those other posts and then post back.

Cheers
I already searched half of the internet but I finally fixed it

might as well merge this subject with others, maybe that'll help but my problem was that I kept on using the Windows 7 Ultimate cd (both x86 and x64) and then I tried Home Premium (32bit) and it worked just fine.

Don't know why though, my gf has a late 2010 MacBook and the Win 7 Ultimate worked fine for her but the important thing is I finally got it to work, hope this helps others.

Oh and PS. The Ultimate version was a pirate and the HP was genuine.
QUOTE Thanks
SammySlim

SammySlim is a jewel in the roughSammySlim is a jewel in the rough

That explains it - a pirated disc will not work. Should not have worked on the other one either ... Also, this forum does not support piracy - glad you got a proper license for what you're usinng.

cheers
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mini | How do I switch between Windows 7 and Mac OSX? »