New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

PLaystation 1 emulator, Disk Drive NOT working

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macobsession

macobsession is on a distinguished road

Hi, i have download a PS1 emulator to run my many playstation 1 games. I have a problem, when i insert the disc, the disk drive makes a "reading" sound for about 30 seconds and then ejects the disk. Because of this i cannot run the games as the emulator says it cannot read the disk. How do i get the disk drive to stop ejecting the disk??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
macobsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by macobsession View Post
Hi, i have download a PS1 emulator to run my many playstation 1 games. I have a problem, when i insert the disc, the disk drive makes a "reading" sound for about 30 seconds and then ejects the disk. Because of this i cannot run the games as the emulator says it cannot read the disk. How do i get the disk drive to stop ejecting the disk??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Thanks
I have a 13inch macbook (2007/08 model (i think))
QUOTE Thanks
north_guy

north_guy is on a distinguished road

Where did you download this for Mac? I had no idea there was such a thing!
QUOTE Thanks
macobsession

it's called pcsx PS1 Emulator for Mac OS X Snow Leopard
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

does your disc drive work when playing dvds and so on? could be the drive on its way out.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
macobsession

The disc drive works perfectly, it burns cds, plays dvds.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all

have you tried changing the dvd plugin the emulator uses?

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
QUOTE Thanks
macobsession

there is only one plugin for the cd drive and it won't allow me to configure it?
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

are you using the PCSX reloaded or just standard PCSX?

PCSX-Reloaded - SpeedofMac.com

QUOTE Thanks
macobsession

i think it is just pcsx, i am downloading the reloaded version and i will see how it goes, thanks
QUOTE Thanks
macobsession

while i can now configure the disc drive, it still ejects the disk, and if i click run CD a message comes up saying error could not check CD-ROM
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

are you sure the game works? if not, creating an iso from it might do the trick (unfortunately i cant tell you how to do this, as its against the rules).

QUOTE Thanks
macobsession

i don't think thats the problem, its the disk drive that just chucks the disk out, as no cd image comes up on screen. I think i may just give up and get my old ps1 from the attic. But thanks for your help
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows XP Home Edition on my MacBook Pro? | Safely Increase Disk Space on Windows Partition? »