New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Bootcamp/Windows (Internet disconnecting)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nate Brady

Nate Brady is on a distinguished road

Okay, I'm running a Macbook Pro.
Mac OS X
version 10.6.7
Processor; 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory; 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Now thats over with here is my problem.. I have just used bootcamp to get windows running on my mac (Windows 7 Ultimate edition 32bt)... Everything went fairly swish, But now I have everything set up, My internet keeps disconnecting every 5-15minutes... Gets pretty annoying, Usually just ends up sorting it self out, but now and then it basically leaves me with no other option then to reset my laptop.

I'm running wirelessly, On a Netgear router - With Virgin broadband.

Anyone having this problem/ or just no how to solve it by any chance? I have seen tons a threads with the same issue but no responses on them which sucks

Thanks for any help in advance, If a solution works, i'll be sure to post that it has for future problems with other users.
Nate Brady.

(((edit; let me know if you need anymore information about what i'm running etc)))
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Quick question about your setup of bootcamp before I go any further, after you installed windows and booted into it, did you insert your OSX DVD to install the Windows-side bootcamp drivers?

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
Nate Brady

Thanks for the reply Simon.

Yep, I did install the drivers from the OSX DVD. Everything but the internet was working perfectly... I'm pretty sure I have solved it now though. Pretty rookie mistake to be honest, All I have done was signed back into Mac OSX partition, and do a system update. This seemed to have fixed it I think, since the Internet on my windows partition has worked fine since, For 2 hours strait.

If it does do it again, I'll be sure to come back . But for now it seems fine.
Thanks again for your response!

To anyone experiencing this problem, Just try going to system update in the top left menu on your OSX after bootcamp is done. Seemed to work thus far

- Nate Brady
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Just a heads up - A software update to OS X would have no effect on your Windows BootCamp installation. A firmware update... possibly.

It was more than likely just rebooting Windows that took care of it.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Nate Brady

Spoke too soon, It keeps doing it again, I'm puzzled why... I tried rebooting it just, And it's still frequently doing it, Seems totally random.

Could it have anything to do with the fact that I have a password on my OS X side?

I'm not the best on macs, and I'm not entirely sure how the whole bootcamp thing works to be honest.. so sorry if i come out with stupid suggestions ha.

- Nate Brady

(((EDIT 1: Not sure if this will work, but once again I am installing updates; this time on my windows side... Completely forgot about this while doing this, so this is the 1st time I'm updating the windows side... Will get back to you to say if it's successful or not.)))

<<EDIT 2: Updates have been done, I'm just going to keep using windows for afew hours to see if I still get any problems what so ever; then get back to you guys.>>

[[[Edit 3:.............. "Edit 2" failed .......... ]]]
QUOTE Thanks
SammySlim

SammySlim is a jewel in the roughSammySlim is a jewel in the rough

One suggestion: if your router is password-protected, disable the security and see if the windows side connection is more stable. If so, and you want to continue to have security, try re-setting the password from within Windows. It should still work fine on the Mac side. That has worked for others with similar issues.

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
Nate Brady

Ahh thanks. I'll give that a try, and get back to you.
When it disconnects, It seems completely random but goes through times of constantly doing it, then taking a break, So I'll leave it running for awhile then respond...
Thanks for the advice/tip

- Nate Brady
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook won't sleep when closed in Windows | Windows Vista question »