Specs:
    Ipad 3g 64gb, Iphone 4, MBP 15 i7, Hi-Res A/Glare, 512mb Grafix, 500Gb 7200rpm Drive, 8Gb Ram
    major problems loading service pack 3 on mac, 4mb needed issue?, please help :(
    Just so you know, I have purchased parallels for mac which works perfectly, very easy to use but some of the software i need to run wont load onto a virtual server so i needed to load windows in its own right so chose bootcamp.

I have loaded windows xp onto my mac but when i try to load service pack 3 it tells me i am 4mb short in space needed to finish the update yet i have 300gb of diskspace left.

i have manually downloaded sp3 but the same thing happens, it says the same error, i need an additional 4mb of space.

i have googled this and found that i need to update my bootcamp but thats where im having issues.
    how do i find out what version im on ?
    do i check in osx or winxp ?

sorry for the daft questions but this is driving me mad and i need to get this working asap or will have to go back to a pc (which i really dont want to)

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I'm going to bet that your Windows partition is formatted in FAT32 instead of NTFS. This is very easy to fix.

Close all running programs, then go to:

Start => Run => type:

Code:
    cmd
    Press Return (Enter)

The Command Prompt will open. Type the following command:

Code:
    convert c: /FS:NTFS
    The process will take a little while, but when it's done, you should be able to install SP3, which requires NTFS in order to complete. FAT32 is the default Boot Camp format type since it allows for better interoperability with OS X (for example, OS X can read/write FAT32, where is can only read NTFS without the help of third-party products).

The reason SP3 won't install is that FAT32 allows for single files up to 4GB in size only. I believe SP3 makes some kind of a cache that needs to grow beyond 4GB and that's why it fails. This is not the first time I've heard this complaint.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Ipad 3g 64gb, Iphone 4, MBP 15 i7, Hi-Res A/Glare, 512mb Grafix, 500Gb 7200rpm Drive, 8Gb Ram
    Hi,
    Ive just done this and it tells me that the drive already is ntfs ?

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by viezu View Post
    Hi,
    Ive just done this and it tells me that the drive already is ntfs ?
    OK, that's not the issue then.

My next step would be to do the following (again, in Windows):

Start => Run => type:

Code:
    cmd
    Press Return/Enter

Then, at the Command Prompt, type:

Code:
    chkdsk c: /R
    Confirm that you want to run a disk check when prompted. When you get back to the prompt, type:

Code:
    exit
    ...and the Command Prompt closes. Reboot the machine (make sure you start in Windows). It will want to run a disk check, do NOT abort it. When the disk check finishes, it should restart.

When it finally boots back up normally, attempt the SP3 install again.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    I really do appreciate your help but before i read your last post i installed bootcamp again from the mac cd within windows.
    i was booting back into windows to do as you said but now i have no usb slots working, they have all stopped.
    if i hold down the alt key i can chose which system to open in and they work fine in mac but nothing in winxp

Are you running Snow Leopard? If so, boot into Windows and put your SL install disk in the slot. That should auto-initiate an install of all the Windows drivers ...

You didn't need to reinstall BC. But once that's done, you might as well update BC by clicking on the BootCamp icon and updating, or manually downloading and installing BC 3.2 (all while in Windows mind you) from the Apple download site.

Then attempt the reinstall after trying the suggestion above and let us know how it goes.

Cheers

Specs:
    ive tried this, i boot into the sl disc but i need to be able to press the continue icon to install but cant as i have no usb to work the keyboard or the mouse

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    You can not use a wireless keyboard or mouse to install Windows via Boot Camp. You need wired. Once Windows is installed, you can pair your wireless keyboard and mouse.

Thread Information