New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Cloning Windows and Mac dual boot disk

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kdang

kdang is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a triple boot iMac with Mac OS X, Windows 7, and Windows XP. You can probably use Carbon Copy Cloner and Deploy Studio to image and restore the images if any of the partition get corrupted. However, as I am trying to triple boot, this will not work. I am looking a disk cloning software that can run on a Mac and simply clone a disk to a disk image and restore it to a different computer when needed.

I have been searching all over but could not find a software that could do that. If anybody know of a software that can clone an exact disk image and be able to restore it on the Mac, then I would really appreciate if you can give a suggestion. If you have any other ideas, that would be great.

I am was thinking of using a software in Windows, but I am not sure if there is any software in Windows that would be able to clone disk and restore it for iMac.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
djdawson

djdawson will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro & 17" MacBook Pro

Have you tried using Disk Utility to make an image of the device (not the partition)? I've not done exactly what you describe, but I have successfully used Disk Utility to clone single-partition Mac drives that subsequently booted just fine. The Disk Utility help has brief descriptions of most of these options and seem pretty straight forward.

Good luck!

Dana
QUOTE Thanks
kdang

kdang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdawson View Post
Have you tried using Disk Utility to make an image of the device (not the partition)? I've not done exactly what you describe, but I have successfully used Disk Utility to clone single-partition Mac drives that subsequently booted just fine. The Disk Utility help has brief descriptions of most of these options and seem pretty straight forward.

Good luck!
Thanks, I will try that. If that works it would be great but I have never come by any information on the net about that. I will look more into Disk Utility. Will post back if it works.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Simple win 7 on bootcamp question | Wireless works out of home. Not in home »