New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Mac Bootcamp Password Issue?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lisavk123

lisavk123 is on a distinguished road

So I had installed Windows XP with bootcamp today, and I had restarted the computer while windows was running and now it is asking for a password to log in to windows, but I didn't make a password for it. I tried any passwords that could of been possible, but still not working.

I was wondering if i could restart the computer somehow so it can start on the Mac log in page, and not the windows long in because I can't get back without having a password, which I do not have.

Help!!!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Windows asks for you to input a password on the first screen after it asks for you to input your user name. If you left those blank (the only way not to have a password), then leave the password field blank when you log into Windows.

To boot back into OS X, hold down the option key while you reboot until you see the boot menu.

To make OS X the default OS to boot into - go to System Preferences - Startup - and select your MacIntosh HD there.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What are the advantages of running windows on my MAC?? | Mac OS X 10.5.8 »