Specs:
    Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Mac OSX 10.58 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz Memo
    Wireless works out of home. Not in home
    I've posted here before on this issue and got several helpful responses. The problem is trying to connect wirelessly on the Windows side in my home. (I'm using Bootcamp.)

I tried a bunch of things suggested on this site and then one day, when I was in Starbucks, I booted into Windows and the wireless worked. Since that time I have found that wireless works fine everywhere but where I really want it to: at home...so I can waste time playing dumb computer games!

Anyone have any idea of why this is happening? It's obviously something on my cable/wireless modem or something.

Oh, almost forgot. Sometimes it does connect and a page loads completely, but then when I try to go to another site it just gets hung up.

Thanks,

Hollyoak

Winter is Coming to HBO!

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
    Hi could you post what router you are using?

Cheers
    - Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
    May 2011
    Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011

Specs:
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    Are you able to connect when not in bootcamp?

Specs:
    Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Mac OSX 10.58 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz Memo
    Simon, the router is, um...let me go look....

There is a black box that says Arris Telephony Modem, and then I have a smaller white box with an antenna thingy called Netgear Wireless cable Modem Gateway. (As you can see I am technically challenged.)

Brian, yes, when I log out of Windows and go to Mac, wireless works fine.

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Sounds like this is more of a software settings issue then. The first thing that occurs to me is do you know which type of encryption your wireless network is using? We don't need the password I am thinking more of whether it is WEP, WPA, etc.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    Thanks, Slydude,

One the Mac side when I go to Network under System Preferences, it says WPA Personal. I looked in Windows for the tab that tells me what the encryption is but I can't find it.

You might try (if you know how) disabling the password protection on your wireless to start. Then see if you can connect in Windows. If you can, then try to reset the password and see what happens. For certain routers, some have reported this difficulty and it usually goes away if there's no password and the connection can often be obtained once Windows can recognize and connect to it.

Cheers

Specs:
    Any idea how to do that Sammy Slim? Would I disable it while running in Mac mode?

Yes, go into your router/firewall software and disable security from the Mac side (where you can get into it more easily it sounds like). Should be pretty self-evident from the settings. Good luck!

Thread Information