New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Installing windows 7 hardrive error please help?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macbook100

macbook100 is on a distinguished road

Hi thanks for reading my question. Last weekend I went out and bought snow leopard and windows 7 it cost alot of money but I want windows on mac.

I installed snow leopard and updated everything and then started the bootcamp assistant it came up with a message saying that I need to create a driver cd to be able to work my keyboard and trackpad etc. I inserted both a blank cd which didn't burn and then I tried a blank dvd which didn't work. So I ignored this and clicked continue without burning the cd as some mac users told me I can use the snow leopard cd for the driver once windows is installed.

Everything was going great I made the partion of my hard drive to 32gb and it then said to insert the windows install disc I decided I was going to use the 32bit version as the 64 bit needs alot of ram. It then began with the windows install and asked me to setup my language and keyboard language which I did and then it came to the install location on the hard drive I think four locations came up and the boot camp but I couldn't install it on bootcamp because it said its not ntfs how do I fix this I need windows on my mac.

I have now cleared the partion and was going to try and install it again but would like some advice please thanks alot.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Unfortunately that part of the install is confusing. I almost missed that myself. Here's how:

When you select the Boot Camp partition (make absolutely sure you select the Boot Camp partition and not any other!) you should see an option dialog below for formatting. Select that and it will automatically format as NTFS. After that you can proceed with the install.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

i dont know how much ram you have in your computer, but 64 bit doesnt "need" more RAM, it can use more RAM, if you have upwards of 4gb ram installed on your computer.

its much more efficient than 32 bit for intensive work, but some applications don't work as they are not written for a 64bit OS yet.

just thought i would clear the confusion up a bit (or maybe add a little bit)

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Freaking out Please help! | How to upgrade XP to 7. »