Bootcamp Windows XP problems
    Hey everyone...my first post on the site. I'm having issues with Windows XP on my MacBook Pro, but only minor issues. For me, they're major as I need XP and have to use IE/Firefox. When I run either of these programs, they just seem slow and buggy. I know my Internet connection is fine because when I switch over to OSX (like I am now) it's fine and in Windows it's fine too, but I can't even use them because they just seem messed up. Images loading slow, data loading slow...and very often pages just won't load. Help!

I see there are a lot of people viewing and sorry for the double post but...as more information to everyone when I run a speedtest in OSX my DL/UL is around 6/.05 and when I run a speedtest in XP DL/UL is .5/.05...this just seems weird to me as I don't see why my connection is so slow in XP. Hope someone can help.

You need to give us a little more information about your MBP and version of OSX. Also, have you checked to see that you have the latest version of BootCamp installed on your MBP? It can be downloaded and installed from the Apple download site - but do that from within Windows. I believe the current version is 3.2. Also, insert your OSX disk while within windows to run the drivers. If you have an older version of OSX, then upgraded to Snow Leopard will make a big difference in the drivers... and it's only $29.

But without further info, we're all just speculating. After doing all that, please report back and let us know.

Cheers

Thread Information