New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Region Free

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

effectsman

effectsman is on a distinguished road

If I install Win 7 via boot camp install Cyberlink Player & AnyDVD should I be able to play cross region DVDs on my Macbook
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

AnyDVD or AnyDVD HD should do it for you while you're booted up in Windows. Won't help while you're booted into OS X.

(Just a heads up - Take a read through our DVD ripping policy before you get too far into this on the forum - link.)

VLC player will do it under Windows & OS X.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
effectsman

effectsman is on a distinguished road

That's good to hear because `i think the region coding business is a con akin to saying you can only shop at this supermarket etc, it's taking away free choice.
It's a move by the big studios to make more money not stop piracy,
I work in the movie industry & travel a lot so being able to play DVDs from different regions without being penalised is a boon.
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.
QUOTE Thanks
Wilsoff

Wilsoff is on a distinguished road

Mac osx snow leopard 10.6.7
Windows 7 starter installed through bootcamp
AnyDVD HD

When I try to play an out o region DVD I get an error about pins. I'll try to post it later.

I also found this which suggests it doesn't work: No region-free DVD with Boot Camp on new Macbook Pro. - SlySoft Forum
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Partition set up | Where to obtain network driver besides Leopard disk? »