New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Questions about parallels desktop and san andreas.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Paradethejared

Paradethejared is on a distinguished road

Hello, I recently bought and downloaded Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for mac, from gametreemac.com. I'm not an expert on how to mod or install things on the mac version of it. Basically I downloaded the Multiplayer component to the game from SA-MP San Andreas Multiplayer mod for Grand Theft Auto (GTA SA). Basically, I just need to install the program into my san andreas folder. Problem is, the installer is .exe.

The GTA game I downloaded is essentially a cider port it looks like. All the same files and the such as the PC version, I just can't figure out how to mod it or install my files.Any idea on how I could run the installer to install the multiplayer component to the GTA game on snow leopard? I don't have my own copy of windows, and I don't know if I would be able to run the installer through parallel systems, or just get the PC version and run that through parallel systems. I know nothing about the program to be blunt, and don't currently have parallel systems yet. I'm new to this, I don't know if I need windows or not to do that. Thanks if anyone can help me, I've been trying to figure this out for two days.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

If the installer is an .exe it can only be executed in a Windows environment. However, if it's just a executable zip file, you might be able to extract it using any unarchiver and copy the files into the right game location..

That page says "for the PC version"..so are you sure it's going to work on Mac?

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Paradethejared

Paradethejared is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure honestly, I read that the gta trilogy released for mac is the exact same files as the PC version, just running through cider. I thought if the files are all the same then It would work if I could get it installed. Again though, I'm not that experienced with modding on macs or cider.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« XP on MacBook Pro with bootcamp 2.1 - wireless not working | Parallels questions. »