New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Does processor model number matter?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ncascone

Ncascone is on a distinguished road

My friends comp was stolen on christmas. He wants me to order him a new processor for his old (broken) computer.

He says he needs an Athlon 64 2x 3800+ socket am2 processor with model number ADA3800CUBOX. I cannot find this model number anywhere online because it is so old, most sites are out of stock. The only one I could find has a model number of "ADO3800IAA5CU."

I wanted to know, does the model number matter as long as the processor is Athlon 64 2x 3800+ socket am2?

Mac OSX Lion 10.7 | 2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB 800 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM |
QUOTE Thanks
s2odin

s2odin is a jewel in the roughs2odin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)

You need to match sockets, or see what sockets the mobo supports.
Find out what mobo he has, look it up and see what socket it supports. Then find processors with that socket. Just dont get the beefiest processor as the cooling system / BIOS more than likely won't be able to handle it.

USAF E-2. 1C6X1 - Space Systems Operations. 19 days until BMT.
Upgrade your MBP HD
Tritton AXPro FS
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Application cannot request screen resolution change, Win XP | Itunes »