Specs:
    iMac 24" and a 13" MacBook, both with OSX 10.6.5
    Conundrum with Bootcamp
    I've got a bit of a sticky problem. It's my fault, but I'm hoping someone will have a suggestion that will help.

I brought my MacBook to my parents' house for the holidays. Along with it, I brought my Windows XP install CD, because I want to download and play a game while I'm here. It's a Steam game, only available for Windows. Unfortunately, I failed to remember that I would need my Snow Leopard DVD to install the BootCamp Windows software once Windows XP was installed. So, I have a working Windows installation now that I can't connect to the wireless here. Essentially, I've done all this for nothing. Unless...does anyone know of a way to get the BootCamp software installed without having the Snow Leopard DVD in my hands? I found the 3.1 update on the Apple download site, but it's only good if you already have 3.0 installed. ::sigh::

Any help? (I figured I'm screwed, but maybe someone out there has some magic.)
    Thanks,
    Dave

Specs:
    C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by dchicks View Post
    I've got a bit of a sticky problem. It's my fault, but I'm hoping someone will have a suggestion that will help.

I brought my MacBook to my parents' house for the holidays. Along with it, I brought my Windows XP install CD, because I want to download and play a game while I'm here. It's a Steam game, only available for Windows. Unfortunately, I failed to remember that I would need my Snow Leopard DVD to install the BootCamp Windows software once Windows XP was installed. So, I have a working Windows installation now that I can't connect to the wireless here. Essentially, I've done all this for nothing. Unless...does anyone know of a way to get the BootCamp software installed without having the Snow Leopard DVD in my hands? I found the 3.1 update on the Apple download site, but it's only good if you already have 3.0 installed. ::sigh::

Any help? (I figured I'm screwed, but maybe someone out there has some magic.)
    Thanks,
    Dave
    Same thing happened to me. I didn't find anything online when I looked, so I just went out to Best Buy and got a SL install DVD for $29.
    USAF E-2. 1C6X1 - Space Systems Operations. 19 days until BMT.
    Upgrade your MBP HD
    Tritton AXPro FS

Specs:
    iMac 24" and a 13" MacBook, both with OSX 10.6.5
    Well, I knew I'd be back home soon enough. It wasn't worth spending more money on another copy of SL. Thanks anyway.

Dave

Thread Information