New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

HELP!! Boot camp driver installation all gone wrong

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nictan

nictan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook Pro 13'' 2.26GHz 4GB RAM 320GB 7200RPM HDD

Just helped my sister do a bootcamp windows xp partition on her macbook. running snow leopard.

Ive done the exact same thing with my macbook pro before and its working fine.

I installed windows xp, inserted the snow leopard CD in to install the bootcamp drivers, and then restarted after everything is done (as prompted by the installer).

When it booted back up, i could not connect to the internet, there wasnt a wireless network icon on the taskbar, i openws network connections and there was NOTHING. No local area network etc etc. Just a blank folder. Tried to set up wireless connection, it said there was no network hardware installed. I was like wut??!?! ive never come across this, ive reformatted my macbookpro countless times and reinstalled windows xp countless times, and all of them have been glitch-free. Till i got to my sis's macbook.

I opened properties in My Computer, clicked on Device Manager, and this was what i saw. Thus far, ive rebooted countless times, and even uninstalled the drivers on the XP partition, and then reinserted the Mac OSX disc to reinstall the drivers. Nothing has worked. Help!

QUOTE Thanks
nictan

solved. just leave it here in case anyone encounters the same problem. i used the Mac OSX cd from my macbook pro. I switched to my sister's macbook Mac OSX install disc and it worked. No idea wads the difference though.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Yep, that'll do it every time. It's because the OS X installation disk with drivers is specific for the model of Mac it comes with. The exception to that is if you buy a retail version of OS X which will contain drivers for all the models. Anyway, glad it's working for you now.
QUOTE Thanks
nictan

oh. no wonder it didnt work with my CD. thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do I create a "start up disc" on my mac for a PC? | Microsoft blue screen of death »