New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Boot Camp sound Driver for windows 7 ult

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

santhosh37

santhosh37 is on a distinguished road

Hi Im using MacPro, Core2Duo, 13", 2.4Ghzs, 4gb ram, everything is perfect except i couldnt find sound driver compatible to my mac....I googled but no use.....some drivers are not compatible for my lappy.
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Welcome to Mac-Forums
I'm guessing its a MacBook Pro, how do you mean you can't find the sound driver? With the install disc it should install all the drivers fine. Could you explain why you need to find it?

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
santhosh37

When I connect external device like earphones, i am unable to hear any sound....i can hear from laptop speakers but not frm ear phones.
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice

The solution is to download the Realtek drivers... click this link... Realtek then click the High Definition Audio Codecs (Software) link, accept the license agreement, and after the download has completed run the executable. You may need to reboot your Mac (back into Windows 7) for audio to work through headphones!

Should sort it, but if not let us know and we'll try to help further.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
QUOTE Thanks
santhosh37

Plz do help me.....type it in clear.....so that i can follow up....
QUOTE Thanks
santhosh37

I tried to uninstall the driver and install them again.....did every possible way....problem still persists
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh37 View Post
When I connect external device like earphones, i am unable to hear any sound....i can hear from laptop speakers but not frm ear phones.
If you can hear sound from the speakers, the drivers are OK. You don't need new drivers. Check the Sound Levels from Control Panel and make sure the sound options and settings for the headphones are on and turned up.
QUOTE Thanks
santhosh37

I did what u told me to do....Every thing is as usual.....I checked both for speakers and head phones.....when I plug in head phones I am unable to hear any sound....what might be the problem....

I can see sound coming out under devices.....
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Here's another idea, it worked for me with Snow Leopard, although I don't know what OS your using for the mac side. After I installed Windows 7 Ultimate, I inserted the OSX SL disc and installed the windows side of boot camp which gave me all the driver I needed including audio, keyboard backlight etc etc, try that.

- Simon

May 2011
QUOTE Thanks
santhosh37

I was using Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit (original)....even I did the same....everything is fine....except.....I m unable to hear sound from earphones when i plug in......
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh37 View Post
I did what u told me to do....Every thing is as usual.....I checked both for speakers and head phones.....when I plug in head phones I am unable to hear any sound....what might be the problem....

I can see sound coming out under devices.....
A bit late getting back to you.... You may be experiencing a hardware problem with the headphones or the jack. Do the headphones work normally when you're in OS X? In other words, are you able to plug the phones in when listening to music from the Mac side and get sound OK through them?
QUOTE Thanks
nikbyr

nikbyr is on a distinguished road

I'm having the same problem, except in an effort to fix it i deleted the default drivers and now I have no sound at all. I downloaded the realtek driver and still no sound. Is it possible to get the default cirrus logic sound driver from the mac osx install dvd? oh, and i have a red light coming out of my headphone jack.
QUOTE Thanks
nikbyr

okay well i fixed my driver situation. I now have sound in the speakers. I reinstalled the cirrus logic drivers via the mac osx dvd. however i do not have sound in headphones. They work fine in mac osx and they are not broken and are not muted. Why is this happening????
QUOTE Thanks
nikbyr

So does anyone here have any idea why this is happening? Does anyone have the knowledge to help? I've done a lot of searching on the web and it seems to happen to other people somewhat often but i have not found a definite fix to the problem that works.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Two things to check:

Make sure you download the latest Boot Camp updates from Apple. You need to do that from within Windows. The latest are Boot Camp 3.1 and 3.2. Make sure you download the correct version - 32 bit or 64 bit depending on your version of Windows.

Also, since you have a red light coming from the headphone jack, that means it's switched. The BC updates may fix that or you can try inserting and removing the headphone plug several times to release the jack. Watch to see if the red light goes off.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Xp/os x | Need help with Bootcamp & Windows 7 installation »