New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows XP Pro sp2 bootcamp issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tomskj

Tomskj is on a distinguished road

Hello

Can you help me with this problem? When trying to install windows XP Pro sp2 using bootcamp assistant. It runs through the installation and then stops. The following message appears:

Press any key to boot from CD ....
Disk error
Press any key to restart

Nothing happens when I press 'any' key and I don't know how to eject the CD.

Cheers

Tom
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You can always eject the CD by booting to OS X and use the normal eject method.

However, when you received that message, you should not reboot from the Windows CD as that will start the installation process again. Just let the machine reboot normally from Windows. (Windows will do the rebooting automatically) It will not boot from the CD. So just leave the CD alone. Once Windows is installed, you can eject the CD from Windows. Be sure to read the Boot Camp instructions.
QUOTE Thanks
Stanley

Stanley will become famous soon enough

XP also works well virually, within Parallels or Fusion for example. For my one legacy PC-only program, that is what I use. No noticeable lag or speed issues.
QUOTE Thanks
Sucio

Sucio is on a distinguished road

Make sure when you first set up your winxp...

Make sure the HD is formatted in NTFS. I had the same issue, I switched it to NTFS and it worked fine.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My version of Boot Camp does not delete Partition | heeeeelp me plzzz »