New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Can't install some drivers on Boot Camp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

efekoo

efekoo is on a distinguished road

Hello people,

I just started using MBP and I cant setup my boot camp properly. I installed XP SP 2 and used Snow Leopard DVD to install the drivers but when I complete the setup and go to system menu on control panel, I get this picture..

I googled a lot but couldn't find any solution to this. I'd be thrilled if anybody could help me out on this problem.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00052-20101024-1136.jpg (330.5 KB, 9 views)
QUOTE Thanks
pjhutch

pjhutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I assume you have run Setup.exe to install the Bootcamp drivers from the Leopard DVD?
Once that is done, you may need to reboot for the drivers to apply.

You can get an update for latest drivers here:
Boot Camp Software Update 3.1 for Windows 32 bit
QUOTE Thanks
efekoo

efekoo is on a distinguished road

Hey pjhutch, thanks for the reply. I restarted it but still I get the same screen. Going to check if 3.1 will work.

I ran setup.exe to install the drivers before, would it still work if I install them one by one?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Boot Camp 3.1 might help, but it looks like you haven't installed all the drivers from your Snow Leopard DVD. You're missing the audio, video, and BT drivers. Are you sure you ran the driver install properly? All you really have to do is insert your SL DVD while Windows XP is running and the drivers will install automatically.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Printing Problems under Boot Camp | i am so confused »