New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Mighty Mouse & Windows 7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

synchronicityii

synchronicityii is on a distinguished road

I tried running Windows XP via Boot Camp a while back on my iMac when Boot Camp first came out, and I couldn't get XP to recognize my wireless mouse through Bluetooth. My wireless keyboard would work by manually setting it up everytime, but I could never get the mouse to work so I just deleted the partition.

Since it's been a long time since then, and I think a lot more iMacs are using the wireless setup, I'm assuming they addressed this issue. Has everyone been getting Mighty Mouse and their wireless keyboards to sync up nicely with Windows 7?

Also, I have a 250GB hard drive so don't really need more than 10GB free space on my Windows Partition. Anyone know how much I should set aside in the partition so that I will have ~10GB free after installation and all the programs?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Had pretty much the same issue back in XP, have tried using it with windows 7 about a month ago and synced up fine.

As for the hard drive space, Windows 7 (depending on what features you install) takes around 6gb of space, i'd say keep another 1-2gb for programs, so your looking at around 20gb for a comfortable install with space for expansion!

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Games on Windows 7 Boot Camp iMac or Macbook Pro | Printing Problems under Boot Camp »