New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Need Imac Boot Camp Help

Thread Closed

Gothbot6k

Gothbot6k is on a distinguished road

I recently upgraded my Imac Harddrive from a standard 320 GB to a 1.5 TB Segate Barracuda 7200 Rpm 3GBS. Previously I had a boot camp partition for windows 7 ultimate. When I put in the new harddrive I decided to start fresh and do clean installs. Now when I try and install Windows 7 it goes fine until the last restart (4 total including initial restart). Then it just gets stuck at the screen where it says "Push any Key to Boot from CD or DVD". It will stay like that for a few seconds then the disk will stop spinning. So my question is now what do I do? I have to have windows for work purposes and this is driving me insane. PLEASE HELP!
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Have you tried reinstalling Windows 7 again? Also, you can try a manual reboot with the Windows 7 DVD but be careful to go to the Boot Camp partition to finish the install not your OS X partition. And this should be moved to the correct forum.
Gothbot6k

Gothbot6k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Have you tried reinstalling Windows 7 again? Also, you can try a manual reboot with the Windows 7 DVD but be careful to go to the Boot Camp partition to finish the install not your OS X partition. And this should be moved to the correct forum.
Yes I have tried reinstalling it. The reason why I'm making this post is that it won't make a full install of the thing. It gets to the point right after I put in my Computer info like password for the windows side and name for it etc. Then on that reboot right after that it locks up on the Press any Key to boot from Cd or Dvd thing but after it gets to the last dot it becomes unresponsive and the thing keeps blinking but the disc stops spinning. I don't know how to manual reboot into the windows 7 dvd nor do I know if it is possible because I got it from a friend who gets his software from different areas if you know what I mean. And I know where to partition to.
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

If you don't have a legal copy of Windows 7, we're through here. I suggest buying a legal copy of Windows 7 Home Premium from NewEgg or Amazon and do a complete reinstall. Wipe what you have out first by using the Boot Camp assistant from OS X. I'm going to close this thread now. When you have a legal copy of Win 7 and need help. Post a new thread.

Thread Closed

« XP on my macbook pro | question about install »