Specs:
    MacBookPro13"
    Question bootcamp XP and fusion win7 issues
    hope someone can help

I'm running snow leopard and have fusion installed using Win7 64-bit and Office 2007. I've also set-up a bootcamp partition using XP.

The reason I have done this is that although once I sorted some issues out with Fusion's speed of operation (solved by increasing both RAM allocation and hard disk allocation by 50% from base recommendation eg 1524 mb RAM and 60gb hard disk) there's still a few programs I've got that will only work with pure PC eg Aust Tax Office e-tax.

I was under the assumption that as I set-up XP with FAT I'd be able work with files that are currently shared bewteen OSX and Fusion ie Documents folder, in XP as well. However, while I can see all the document folders and files I still can't do what I want. That is, I can drag an XL file from Documents to the bootcamp desktop but it won't let me put them back in. In bootcamp can open, change and save a word-type file created in NeoOffcie is OSX but I can't place a PDF I've downloaded in bootcamp into documents.
    When I try to open an office file from bootcamp that is in documents Word opens but then it says it can't open it because of a partitions problem.

In OSC I have opened Get Info of the Documents folder, ticked Shared folder, and also allowed 'everyone' 'adminsitrators' 'bootcamp' and 'brian-pc' to read & write to the file but this hasn't helped.

I'm now suspecting that even though the bootcamp is FAT32 that as OSX and Fusion/Win7 is using NTFS, this is actually the reason for my sharing problems and that I should just give up on the matter. Any commnets or suggestions?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Moved to appropriate forum.

I'm now suspecting that even though the bootcamp is FAT32 that as OSX and Fusion/Win7 is using NTFS, this is actually the reason for my sharing problems and that I should just give up on the matter. Any commnets or suggestions?
    I don't think it's a matter of FAT-32 versus NTFS as the reason you can't move the files. Windows 7 can read and write to both NTFS and FAT-32 so that shouldn't matter. OS X (assuming you're using Leopard or Snow Leopard) can read and write to FAT-32 but not NTFS without some sort of driver.

I believe your problem is occurring because of the convoluted setup that you chose. Why do you need to have Win 7 running in a VM while XP is using a native Boot Camp partition? Unless there is some reason for having both, why not run Windows 7 from Boot Camp or not run XP at all? Or, setup two VMs in Fusion: One for Win 7, the other for XP?

Thread Information