New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Parallels 5 & Windows 7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zeezee48

zeezee48 is on a distinguished road

After a recent update to Parallels 5, Windows 7 started operating strangely. I keep being informed that the version of Windows 7 I have may be counterfeit, despite the fact that it is fully paid and bona fide. Warning notices keep coming up about every ten minutes but 7 still operates.

How can I fix this?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Have you activated your version of Windows 7?

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
csegeek

csegeek is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more

If you have recently updated Parallels Win 7 may have detected a major change in the computer (i.e. hardware change) enventhough nothing has changed but the software. try re-registering/activating and see if that works.. Let us know how it went.

Ce's GeekBook PC guru wana Be turned Mac geek
QUOTE Thanks
ARSkemp

ARSkemp is on a distinguished road

like csegeek said, it probably just detected a major change. If the online activation doesn't work just activate by phone and call in with the number they will give you. You'll have to type in some random numbers/letters to activate it. I've had to do that a few times, its nothing to worry about.

Macbook Pro 13|2.26Ghz|9400m|4GB Ram|500GB HD|
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OSX10.6 WinXP time problems | bootcamp XP and fusion win7 issues »