New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Problem with installing Windows 7 using Boot camp..

Thread Closed

InFlamesRule

InFlamesRule is on a distinguished road

First of all let me mention that I already installed windows 7 (using the same copy) on two different macs using bootcamp and it worked fine.
But it's not working with my new 15 inch macbook pro (2.4 GHz intel core i5, 4 gb ram), I worked my *** off to get this computer and I'd really like it to work.

After doing everything and installing windows I get to the welcome to windows 7 window, where I can choose my location, username, password etc, but then as soon as the computer is about to actually enter the start screen the computer restarts, it happens every time I want to go to windows 7, even if I choose it manually by clicking the alt button during the grey screen. I tried re-installing it numerous times, and each time I chose different versions (x64, x86).

Like I said, I used the same copy of windows 7 on two of my friend's computers (13 inch macbook pros) and it worked fine.

Thanks in advance.
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Windows 7 is only to be installed on one machine, unless you have purchased the Windows 7 family pack (sold on Amazon for $320.00). The Microsoft EULA is specific about this. We do not condone illegal activities in these forums nor do we discuss them. Sorry, you'll get no help here.

Thread Closed

« safe to use Paretologic pc health advisor?? | OSX10.6 WinXP time problems »