How to make bootable images of triple-boot OS on Mac OS
    Hi, guys I would like to know the best practices or at least method to do the following things i am working on.

I have installed triple-boot OS(windows 7, RHEL linux and Mac OS 10.6) on imac7 with refit tool. The goal i want to achieve is to make disk images of each of the partitions of the OS so that i can restore and install the images of them on other Mac machines.

I already made window 7 image through script i wrote with help of ntfsclone. I would like to know the way to create linux image and mac os.

will vanilla dd command like dd if=/dev/sda3 of=~/linux.img do the job? mac os partiton can be imaged through the build-in disk utility as far as i know

Will the above methods workable to create the bootable image? Do I need to merge them somehow and How? How to include EFI boot partition to make them bootable?

If you have related experiences or hints, please shed me a light. thanks for your helo

Leo

How to make bootable images of triple-boot OS on Mac OS
    Hi, guys I would like to know the best practices or at least method to do the following things i am working on.

I have installed triple-boot OS(windows 7, RHEL linux and Mac OS 10.6) on imac7 with refit tool. The goal i want to achieve is to make disk images of each of the partitions of the OS so that i can restore and install the images of them on other Mac machines.

I already made window 7 image through script i wrote with help of ntfsclone. I would like to know the way to create linux image and mac os.

will vanilla dd command like dd if=/dev/sda3 of=~/linux.img do the job? mac os partiton can be imaged through the build-in disk utility as far as i know

Will the above methods workable to create the bootable image? Do I need to merge them somehow and How? How to include EFI boot partition to make them bootable?

If you have related experiences or hints, please shed me a light. thanks for your helo

Leo

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Note: Merged duplicate threads. Please do not crosspost.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information