New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

NEED HELP Windows and Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Codemiester

Codemiester is on a distinguished road

I just installed windows 7 on my new macbook pro and i also installed macdrive 8 with that. I partioned to be 32 gb. With macdrive is there anyway to install windows programs to the mac partition because i went to dl avg free and saved the installer on my mac partition but when i go to open it it says it cant be found. The whole reason im using macdrive is so i can have no wasted hard disk space.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Moved to appropriate forum.

MacDrive does not provide a way to install Windows programs to your OS X partition. The function of MacDrive is to allow you to read and write to your OS X partition while in Windows 7.

If you want to install the free AVG, just download it using IE8 and install it from within Windows. Why do you need to save the installer on your OS X partition?
No point in saving it anyway. If you need to download it again, you can do so again from Windows since it's free.

BTW, AVG has always been a resource hog. I suggest and recommend you download the free "Microsoft Security Essentials" instead. Download from
here.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

If it you can't move it to your Windows partition, I'd say it was a bad download.

As one that was a big fan of and used AVG for several years, I'd also suggest it's time to move on.

Give Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) a try. It could be one of the best apps MS has come out with in a long time. Not near the resource hog that AVG has become.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't find the answer anywhere | I need a help with vmware fusion 3.0 »