New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Problems with uninstalling boot camp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ViniKia

ViniKia is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I tried to install windows 7 in my Mac Boob Pro (2007) with bootcamp, but it didn't work, probably because i got the old version of mac book pro...
So I deleted the bootcamp partition (now I got just the macintosh HD), but when I turn on my mac, it stills open that black screen, saying something like this ''no bootable device -- please insert a CD and press any key''.
Because of that, when i turn on my mac i got to hold the option key to select macintosh HD and run the Mac Os sistem.

Anyone knows how do i fix that?

obs: I have Mac Os Snow Leopard 10.6.4 and bootcamp 3.0.1

(by the way, if any one knows how to install windows 7 in the old mac book pro without being with a virtual simulator, like parallels, and also without deleting the macintosh HD, it would help me a lot)
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Boot into OS X and open System Preferences/Startup disk.
Select your bootable system and close the window. Should fix the problem.
QUOTE Thanks
ViniKia

ViniKia is on a distinguished road

Yep, I tried this yesterday and it didn't work, but now I don't know why it worked...

lol

Anyway, thank you ^^
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Free Microsoft OS? | help on Parrallels 5 »