New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

BOOTCAMP with MacBook Pro "Disk Error Press Any Key To Restart" HELP?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DanielDMB

DanielDMB is on a distinguished road

Okay so this has been giving me problems for the past hour or two..

I just did a fresh install of Mac OSX 10.5.8 Leopard, and started bootcamp. I have a brand new copy of Windows XP Professional with SP2 so that shouldn't be a problem..

Well, I get all the way to windows being installed and it restarting, but once it restarts it says "Press any key to boot from CD" then four seconds later "Disk error, press any key to restart."

Obviously any key doesn't work.

Now I am aware that this is a formatting error. It should be formatting with NTFS but instead it formats with FAT32 and does NOT give me that option to change the formatting process.

I can't really go out and get another copy of XP, because let's face it. This isn't cheap stuff we're dealing with.

If you have a solution, it's well appreciated! Thanks in advance!!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

First, let's move this to the appropriate forum.

The formatting shouldn't matter as XP can exist on either a FAT-32 or NTFS partition. And, if you created a partition that was 32 GB or larger with Boot Camp, you have no other choice but to use NTFS.

You didn't provide us with any other details - like how large a partition you created with BC and whether or not your copy of XP SP2 is either a MS boxed full install version or an OEM system builders full install version.

For now, the only advice I can give you is to start over and try again.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Gateway NV59 touchpad no workie | Cannot load windows 7 »