New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Performance issues running XP SP3

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Splint

Splint is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I just set up an 80Gb partition and installed XP SP3 and there are a few minor issues with it.

Scrolling in windows is very unsmooth and draging windows around the desktop is slow and jumpy, ame with minimising and maximising windows. I installed Solidworks and found that it does some odd things including slow and jumpy transitions between menus.

I downloaded BCUpdateXP.exe but when I double click on it nothing appears to happen.

Is it normal for XP to be buggy like this? Can I improve it? It does seem odd as I have run X under VMware with reasonable results.

Thanks
David
QUOTE Thanks
JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

What version on Bootcamp are you using? You probably need newer driver updates in Bootcamp. Check the Apple website.
On my MBP with 10.5.8 I have WinXP/SP3 with Bootcamp 3.1. No buggy/dodgey issues here.

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
QUOTE Thanks
Splint

Splint is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUKE179r View Post
What version on Bootcamp are you using? You probably need newer driver updates in Bootcamp. Check the Apple website.
On my MBP with 10.5.8 I have WinXP/SP3 with Bootcamp 3.1. No buggy/dodgey issues here.
Thanks thats comforting to know, I'm using version 3.0.2.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Running Cake Poker on Mac [Crossover] | Is boot camp the same as parallel? »