New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Parallels partition too small

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

skyking

skyking is on a distinguished road

I have a 120 GB HD macbook pro and made a huge mistake and made a 8 GB partition to run parallels and windows. I found out later I couldn't make the partition bigger, so I created a second partition with another 8 GB. I tried to move stuff to the other partition, but now I can't figure how to move anything else over and the partition is filling up. I have a windows file that is over 6 GB.

I upgraded my hard drive to 500 GB, so I'm trying to figure out if I can partition a larger section and somehow copy windows and all the files from the old partition to the new partition. I don't mind wasting the 16 gb that I already partitioned. Is that possible to do? Also I don't have the windows disk.

Another problem is trying to restore a program that I'm running on windows from time machine. I couldn't find the exact file, so I just restored my whole HD. Even after that, I opened the application and the data file was stilled messed up. Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
SammySlim

SammySlim is a jewel in the roughSammySlim is a jewel in the rough

Why do you need to partition your drive to run Parallels??? it creates a virtual hard drive as it is. You would be better off reinstalling Parallels and then create a Windows virtual machine on your large drive and just go from there. Partitioning creates more issues than it solves, and you don't have to worry about viruses from your Parallels vm's infecting your Mac. You can use an external drive to copy your data files over.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows 7 Graphics problem | SSH w/public key ibm/ubuntu to mac/snow leopard »