Running Windows based Ableton in MAC?
    Hi I am a newbie at all this, I recently purchased a macbook for music production switching from PC to MAC, My question might sound stupid but If I install Windows onto my Macbook, can i re install my other PC Windows based music production programs (IE Ableton) onto my macbook?

Thanks for the help.

Hi I am a newbie at all this, I recently purchased a macbook for music production switching from PC to MAC, My question might sound stupid but If I install Windows onto my Macbook, can i re install my other PC Windows based music production programs (IE Ableton) onto my macbook?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Thanks for the help.

Specs:
    Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.1
    I don't see why you wouldn't be able to.

If you bought the Mac for music production, yet running Windows to accomplish that end, however, I don't really see the point in switching. Nevertheless, carry on...

The software for PC cost over 700 dollars in packages etc... plus even mroe considering all the other software programs I have I really dont/ or cant afford to buy it all over again just for mac.., The reason for switching is because I have tried it out and performance wise its more suitable to what I want out of a computer.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    You will have the same issues in Windows on a Mac that you have faced on any other PC of a similar quality. Running Windows on a Mac does not somehow make Windows any different, better or worse, than what it is.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Fair enough still can someone tell me if this works ?

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    As MacShane said "dont see why not".

I dont know of a Windows Programm that doesnt work on Mac (with windows installed) unless the specs aren't there mind you ....
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    Late 2008 MBP
    Quote Originally Posted by fasteddy_au View Post

Thanks for the help.
    Yes. If you put boot camp on the macbook and install windows you can then install all the windows software you want.

A side note, I'm not sure how hard core you are in the music production, but in my experience a Macbooks are not very good for music production if you are used to using a dedicated windows machine with high end dedicated cards. I have a dedicated system that gets near zero latency this is an older windows machine, trying to use some of the same software on the macbook and I was never able to get the latencies down below about 70ms... To me that is not acceptable, so gave up trying ever use the macbook pro for music production.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Yes, you can run the Win version of Ableton on your Mac. There are various ways of running Windows software on a Mac, but for a music production program such as Ableton, it's probably best to use Boot Camp. In other words, setup your Mac to dual boot between Mac OS X and Windows.

You might want to contact the folks at Ableton and ask if you can transfer your license from the Windows version to the Mac version. That would save you a lot of work and the extra expense of having to purchase a copy of Windows.

Regards.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Note: Crossposts moved and merged here.

To the OP: Please do not crosspost. Thanks.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by fasteddy_au View Post
    Fair enough still can someone tell me if this works ?
    I'm going to suggest that running this program "IE Ableton" will most likely work on a Mac after installing Windows.

This is a fairly unusual program, and if you're looking for a 100% guarantee that it will work (from a member here on Mac-Forums)...that may not be possible...since no one may be running the same program on a Macintosh.

HTH,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
    If you have the original LIVE application DVD, it has both the PC and Mac versions on it.
    IMO... since you got a Mac, just go with the Mac application for LIVE.
    I have LIVE Lite 8 (AKAI version) on both my MBP and my Sony VAIO laptop. Both of my notebooks are registered on the Ableton website so I can upgrade both versions of LIVE with no problems.
    MBP 11,3 | Logic Pro X | Ableton Live 9 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPC2000XL, X7000, MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, SP-808, TR-707, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 & Willzyx | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 4000+ vinyl records

Thread Information