Unhappy Multi-touch trackpad issues with Windows 7
    I'm quite sure that I'm not the only one with this problem, but I haven't found any literature online about how to resolve this issue.

I only recently installed Windows 7 on my early 2008 MBP, and I did all the required steps of installing the Bootcamp drivers off the Snow Leopard DVD. Then I updated the drivers with the Bootcamp 3.1 Update.

The real issue arises sometime after I boot up. The trackpad seems to work fine at first, and two-finger scrolling is a breeze, but it will suddenly stop working, which confuses the h*** out of me.

There are Apple updates, but they don't seem to apply to my computer. I tried downloading the multi-touch trackpad update, but I guess it's only meant to work with Windows XP/Vista. When I try to run it, it gives me the message "This update is not intended for this computer and will not be installed."

Does anyone have a means of resolving this very strange issue? I'm a creature of comfort, and I really enjoy all my trackpad gestures. I can't even right-click to save my MBP's life.

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Have you tried going into Control Panel - Boot Camp, and set the gestures and other options for your trackpad from there? You can also click on the small icon (looks like a diamond) in your system tray. That will open the Boot Camp control panel. Click on the "Trackpad" tab and setup your trackpad.

Thread Information