New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Multi-touch trackpad issues with Windows 7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nicts

nicts is on a distinguished road

I'm quite sure that I'm not the only one with this problem, but I haven't found any literature online about how to resolve this issue.

I only recently installed Windows 7 on my early 2008 MBP, and I did all the required steps of installing the Bootcamp drivers off the Snow Leopard DVD. Then I updated the drivers with the Bootcamp 3.1 Update.

The real issue arises sometime after I boot up. The trackpad seems to work fine at first, and two-finger scrolling is a breeze, but it will suddenly stop working, which confuses the h*** out of me.

There are Apple updates, but they don't seem to apply to my computer. I tried downloading the multi-touch trackpad update, but I guess it's only meant to work with Windows XP/Vista. When I try to run it, it gives me the message "This update is not intended for this computer and will not be installed."

Does anyone have a means of resolving this very strange issue? I'm a creature of comfort, and I really enjoy all my trackpad gestures. I can't even right-click to save my MBP's life.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Have you tried going into Control Panel - Boot Camp, and set the gestures and other options for your trackpad from there? You can also click on the small icon (looks like a diamond) in your system tray. That will open the Boot Camp control panel. Click on the "Trackpad" tab and setup your trackpad.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows 7 - Remove Increase/Decrease volume sound | 3dmax with apple »