New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Installing windows xp via bootcamp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

blacky7

blacky7 is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I was trying to install windows xp into my macbook via bootcamp. I finished the copying process and the system was required to restart. So, it restarted but error msgs appear.

Press any key to boot from CD...

So i pressed any key but it prompted me to where i first started, the very beginning of windows xp installation, choosing partition to install os.... Therefore pressing F3 i quit the installation process and restarted the system. This time i didnt press any key to boot from the CD and i get

Press any key to boot from CD...
Disk error
Press any key to restart

Here, I pressed any key but the system didnt restart. Can anyone tell me how i could solve this problem?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Note: Moved to appropriate forum.

What were the errors messages that you received? And please describe the version of Windows XP you're attempting to install? In other words, is it a MS Boxed version of XP SP2 or 3 full install? An OEM System Builders version of XP SP2 or 3 full install?

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
blacky7

Its windows xp home edition which includes service pack 2, version 2002. Regarding about the OEM thingy, not sure about that.

The error msg is as in the first post that is

disk error and it ask me to restart but after pressing any key it didnt restart at all
QUOTE Thanks
blacky7

I guessed it's OEM version
QUOTE Thanks
blacky7

Hi guys,

I resolved my own problems after spending HOURS in reading other forums and finally found the solution.

It is mentioned in one of the handbook of BC Assistant Installation and Setup Guide,

Important: Do not select "Leave the current file system intact". To successfully install Windows XP, you must select one of the other options.

Be aware that this is not correct. There is another option which you MUST NOT choose, that is the conversion to NTFS. You must not convert. You must format it.

After formatting it, you are now level up! (Feel like I'm playing a game)
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

You obviously did not read the Boot Camp setup instructions: Refer to the following LINK (page 13 of BC Setup.pdf)

Anyway, glad you're up and running. Enjoy Windows on your Mac.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook w/ X3100 Graphics, Windows won't detect my monitor | Windows 7 - Remove Increase/Decrease volume sound »