New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

ATI Drivers on Bootcamp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dobb

Dobb is on a distinguished road

Hi lads,

I got myself a 2008 iMac 2.6 Ghz version and I've been struggling to install the ATI drivers for my XP SP3.

Apparently the ATI drivers for XP from the site itself is outdated by 2 years now, and the reason I want to update was because of Battlefield BC2 to stop the god**** flickering issues.

The only issue I got is I tried downloading the normal XP driver updates for ATI 2600 and it won't be updated no matter what. I'm quite stuck on how to get it updated.

Did I need to do something or mod something to make it updated? I didn't bother with it back then because it was still working alright. And no matter what,I can't get the Catalyst thing to work too, but I managed after some unorthodox method of installing it, but the drivers the main issue here.

Any kind soul out there able to help?
QUOTE Thanks
SammySlim

SammySlim is a jewel in the roughSammySlim is a jewel in the rough

Are you running Leopard or Snow Leopard? I assume you are running in Boot Camp. Try reinstalling the drivers from your SL install disk and also updating Boot Camp (download from Apple). Do both from within Windows and see if those help.

Good luck.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Overheating in Windows - fan doesn't speed up. | Error installing windows xp »