New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Help with Windows 7 and Bootcamp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Wallysaurrus

Wallysaurrus is on a distinguished road

Hi guys, so I think I just made my macbook useless

I switched to mac like...2 months ago and I was very happy and stuff, but I wanted to run some applications (like FL studio) that mac doesnt support.

I took my copy of windows 7 and started the bootcamp assistant.

Now the real problem. After selecting my partition, lenguage, etc a window appeared that said:

Copying Windows Files
Expanding Windows Files
Installing stuff
Stuff
Stuff
Stuff *final step*

When it reached the final step it said "Setup will continue after restart". But after restart nothing happened...I get a black screen for hours and nothing else happens. Now...my windows cd still there and I cant find the way to restart and go to mac. Everytime I restart a white screen appears and then a black screen appears and nothing else.

what to do? Is there something like a manual cd ejection? Or I am plain screwed?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

(Sorry for my grammar-bad english)

EDIT: And yes, I just read that "Bootcamp (save yourself hours....)" thread and yes, I totally deserve this.
QUOTE Thanks
Cellobones

Cellobones is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.53GHz Intel

You could hold the D key when it boots up to boot from the internal drive to see what happens.

There should be an eject button on your keyboard but if it does not eject I think you can hold down the mouse button and it will work.

MBP 2.53GHz Intel
HP dv6000
Alienware M17
Custom-built gaming rig with ATi HD5850, 6GB DRR3 and AMD Phenom II 3.2GHz
QUOTE Thanks
Wallysaurrus

Wallysaurrus is on a distinguished road

Ok I managed to install windows but now everytime I start my macbook windows starts...what to do? I have been told to hold tab key but that doesnt seem to work.
QUOTE Thanks
S.SubZero

S.SubZero is a jewel in the roughS.SubZero is a jewel in the rough

If you hold down "Option" when powering on, it should opt for which partition (OS X or Windows) to boot from.

In Windows the Boot Camp control panel applet can control the default OS, and OS X has a similar utility.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connection Problems | Broken Superdrive, rEFIt not working, external superdrive? »