New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Win7 on MBP touchpad is not working.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ZEEK

ZEEK has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 3GS & iPhone4 Factory Unlocked.

hey guys, i decided to run win7 as well on my MBP. everything went well but the touch pad isnt working. I have to click on it all the time but i cant just tap on it to use it. I called apple and they said that i needed t he updated driver, downloaded the driver but got a msg saying that its not for this computer and it will not install. I did however install drivers after installing windows through bootcamp. any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Go to the Apple site and download\install Boot Camp 3.1. Make sure you download the correct BC file for your version of Windows 7. There are two: one for 32 bit Win 7 and one for 64 bit Win 7. That should resolve the issue with your trackpad.

Also... You must have Boot Camp 3.0 (Snow Leopard DVD) installed before you can install 3.1.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
ZEEK

hey thanks for the quick reply, i did install bootcamp 3.1 for win 7 32bit because i installed 32bit. It still does not work i dont know what to do, they are closed too now.
QUOTE Thanks
S.SubZero

S.SubZero is a jewel in the roughS.SubZero is a jewel in the rough

First - Do you have Boot Camp installed? You can tell if you see the black diamond in the taskbar by the clock. If it's not there, Boot Camp isn't installed.

Second, click the black diamond and choose Boot Camp Control Panel. In here are various tabs, one of which is "Trackpad." In here is where the "Tap to Click" and "Secondary Click" options are. Make sure they are checked to your liking.
QUOTE Thanks
ZEEK

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.SubZero View Post
First - Do you have Boot Camp installed? You can tell if you see the black diamond in the taskbar by the clock. If it's not there, Boot Camp isn't installed.

Second, click the black diamond and choose Boot Camp Control Panel. In here are various tabs, one of which is "Trackpad." In here is where the "Tap to Click" and "Secondary Click" options are. Make sure they are checked to your liking.
that resolved the problem. thank you very very much. I am on the phone right now with apple and they had no idea how to fix it lol.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Getting Windows 7 to talk to OS X Snow Leopard. | Win 7 on mac problem with earphone? »