New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows 7 wireless keyboard issues with password

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

abstract

abstract is on a distinguished road

I recently installed Boot Camp and Windows 7 on my imac

everything was working great except the sound didnt play, so i installed the boot camp drivers on the Snow Leopard install disc

Now I have sound, but my wireless keyboard won't work at all

Normally I would try adding it through bluetooth in windows or something, but I can't even log into windows

I set up an admin password for windows 7 and since the keyboard wont work, i'm stuck

how do I resolve this
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Do you have a Windows PC? If you do, borrow the wired keyboard from it. As long as it's USB it'll work with your iMac. If you can get in Windows 7, use the Boot Camp update from Control Panel and download/install Boot Camp 3.1. That should solve the wireless keyboard problem.

BTW, wireless keyboards are great - but always keep a wired backup around just in case. Same applies for the rodent.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Have you updated to the latest version of Bootcamp within Windows?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
abstract

abstract is on a distinguished road

No wired keyboard here, just this wireless one

as far as the version of bootcamp, I just used whatever drivers that were on the Snow leopard disc. Id assume this is the latest version, as I just bought this mac a couple weeks ago

I'll look into borrowing a wired keyboard though. . .I get the feeling that If i can get past the login screen, I can probably resolve this issue
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Not necessarily the latest drivers. Run Apple software update within windows to be sure.

I've only had my iMac for a few weeks and I had to get the Bootcamp update.

I've also had firewire updates for the keyboard in OSX so worth making sure your OSX software updater has all the available updates too.

I'm running W7 in bootcamp with issue after all those updates.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstract View Post
No wired keyboard here, just this wireless one

as far as the version of bootcamp, I just used whatever drivers that were on the Snow leopard disc. Id assume this is the latest version, as I just bought this mac a couple weeks ago

I'll look into borrowing a wired keyboard though. . .I get the feeling that If i can get past the login screen, I can probably resolve this issue
Refer to my first reply.... You are going to need a wired keyboard. The Boot Camp version 3.1 that I mentioned can be downloaded directly from Windows 7 by using the Boot Camp control panel. And by the way, that is the latest update for Boot Camp. Just be sure and download the correct version for your version of Windows 7. (either 32 bit or 64 bit)

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Dutch42

Dutch42 is on a distinguished road

Hi saw your post and having sinilar problems with bootcamp and win 7.
Have got the wireless mouse working but wireless keyboard works when it feels like it.

To log into windows without a working keyboard, on the password screen click the icon in lower left corner and select the on screen keyboard and use you mouse to type on that
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Post #1 Some Noobalicious Questions | Virtual PC on G5 with Leopard »