New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

MAC ARP Table

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fatlog

I have a MAC running OS 9.2.2.

I know that MAC OS X has ARP Settings that i can access through the Terminal.

Does OS 9 have an ARP table and if so how do i get access to it as there is no terminal in OS 9.

I got a telnet server and put it onto OS 9 and logged in. But this did not give me access to an ARP table.

anyone got any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

You can see your mac address under OS 9. I am not neaqr my mac at this time, but I think it is under tcp/ip. Then you look at more info or something like that.
QUOTE Thanks
fatlog

Its not the MAC address that i wnat. I want to make the machine public. With the current setup that i have i need to modify the ARP table to do this.

In the ARP table i need to put the MAC address of my router and assign an IP address such as 10.0.2.1 to this ARP entry. This is how the MAC will find the router as there is no local DNS Server to resolve 10.0.2.1 to the router. The ARP table will resolve the IP address to the MAC Address for me.

Any ideas on how to do this on a MAC?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mozilla, iCab Web browsers get updated | Help!!! »