New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows update, VMWare Fusion

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Chef_eam

Chef_eam is a jewel in the roughChef_eam is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S

I am running Vista Home Premium in VMWare Fusion on my iMac fo a couple of programs that I can't afford to buy the Mac version of, or the Mac version is so terribly broken, that the only option is to run it in Windows. Anyway, there have been no updates applied to the installed version of Vista as of yet. I ran Windows update and got the following error, 80073712.

I did find some references to this error on the web, and tried the various 'fixes', even downloading the Windows Update software for Microsoft. Still, I get the error anytime I run Windows Update. Nothing I do seems to correct the problem. The internet connection works fine in the VM, so I know that is not the problem.

Has anyone else had this issue, and found a way to correct it? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Erik
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Did you try this fix? According to what I've been able to research on this, it appears that the Windows Update agent has become corrupt somehow.

However, if you tried to reinstall Windows Update and it still doesn't work, you may have to resort to either reinstalling Windows Vista by doing a repair install or just manually download the updates. See this LINK.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Chef_eam

Chef_eam is a jewel in the roughChef_eam is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S

Just gave that a try and there is no pending.xml file on the system. Will give the manual install a go when I get home from work...or maybe just go the bootcamp route. I hate to go there since it makes indows seem so permanent if I partition the drive for it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows 7 Explorer Crashes | How do I run Internet Explorer on a Mac? »