New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

How Do I Import Outlook Archive to Home PC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.1

I'm leaving one job for another. I've archived all the email I piled up over the years using the Outlook 2007 archive feature. I also backed up all the cryptically named files from my Outlook directory:
C: \Documents and Settings\------\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

My question is this... I have a Win7 VM on my Mac at home. It has Office 2007 installed on it. How do I go about importing these files into Outlook so that I can browse my old emails, calendar events, etc... I don't care if I can send or receive any email with these files. I just want to be able to reference the email for future use. There are quite a few links, scripts, how-to's etc that I have collected. I'd like to be able to sort through these at my liesure and copy them into documents, etc.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,

Dave

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
mtbinva

mtbinva will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.

You have to do an import into office 2007. It will be under --->file--->Open--->Outlook Data File. From there simply navigate to your exported file. Please note, this file should be a PST file format. If it is not, it is quite easy to navigate to it on the old system.

You could also simply import it as well under --->File--->Import, and then select the proper action. The key will be to take your time and read EVERYTHING in the screen in regard to prompts and information.

If you get stuck, let me know and I can further assist you. I do this EVERYDAY!

Good luck.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.1

Thank you very much! I'll try this tonight. The file is a 100+ MB .pst file, so it sounds like I'm on the right track so far.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
mtbinva

mtbinva will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.

Yes you are. If you get stuck, shoot me a message and well get you going. Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Speed of Fallout 3 | Lost Product Key »