New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Where is the boot camp control panel?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

T-Town

T-Town is on a distinguished road

Hello. This is the simplest of all questions: where is this mythical "boot camp control panel" that I keep reading about on the net? It is supposed to do such useful things as allowing me to make OSX my default operating system, and making right clicks possible. But I can't find the darn thing. It is supposed to be in the task bar, to my understanding, but it is not, and according to the searh bar function, it doesn't even exist!

On the side, if it doesn't fix the right click problem, are there any suggestions? Also, is there anyway to get multitouch functions working, such as scrolling? I don't know if I can return to the days before two finger scrolling.

Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

All "control panels" are in System Preferences. It's a silver rectangle with gears in it. If it's not on the Dock, it's in the Applications folder
QUOTE Thanks
joec1101

joec1101 is on a distinguished road

In Windows, down in the Taskbar on the right hand side is a rectangular gray icon. Click that icon and a little menu will pop up. In that menu is an option that reads "Boot Camp Control Panel..." Click that option and from there you can change the options.
QUOTE Thanks
T-Town

T-Town is on a distinguished road

The control panel was the first place I looked, and could not find it.

I clicked on the lil' grey rectangle, and it was not there.

Where is it supposed to be exactly in the control pane? I'm worried it might be a proper glitch.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Make sure you've chosen to show all hidden icons in the "System Notification" taskbar. The Boot Camp icon will look like a small gray-black diamond.

You should also have an entry in the Control Panel menu. But again, it depends on how you're displaying your Control Panel. Make sure you have it set to display as a "menu" rather than the default. Boot Camp will not show up in the default Control Panel display.

The above should work more or less the same for XP, Vista, and Win 7.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

edited
QUOTE Thanks
grad

grad is on a distinguished road

Boot camp control panel - It's doesn't appear in windows 7
I need this panel to colleborate the infrared receiver:
"In Windows, open the Boot Camp control panel and click the Remote tab."
May be somebody know commandline comand to enable IR port? My remote controll doen't working
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows XP boot camp issues | Fusion update problems »