New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Export Bookmarks from Firefox

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

menace3054

I wanted to start using safari again... anyone know how to export my firefox bookmarks over to safari? thx
QUOTE Thanks
menace3054

nvm, i figured it out, thx anyway
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

What did you do. You solution to the problem will help the next person, that come along and ask the same question.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
menace3054

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
What did you do. You solution to the problem will help the next person, that come along and ask the same question.

lol i never thought of that. go to bookmarks, manage bookmarks, then file, export, save the name, and then go to safari, file import.
QUOTE Thanks
menace3054

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace3054
lol i never thought of that. go to bookmarks, manage bookmarks, then file, export, save the name, and then go to safari, file import.

and i changed my mind back, im using firefox again
QUOTE Thanks
so3

so3 is on a distinguished road

You can use this bookmark manager to export your bookmarks from Firefox into any browser or file. I use Advanced URL Catalog to move my bookmarks from Firefox into Opera.
QUOTE Thanks
Stef Andrews

Stef Andrews is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace3054 View Post
Hi, tried to do this, but don't have the manage bookmarks option. Any ideas on how to do this now?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Vaiz_Theavanti

Vaiz_Theavanti is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef Andrews View Post
Hi, tried to do this, but don't have the manage bookmarks option. Any ideas on how to do this now?

Thanks
Yeah, Same! I have firefox 3 and that is why we don't have it! can anyone help please?

The Avanti Blog.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Are you still trying to go Safari > Firefox? If so, you don't need to export your bookmarks from Safari. In Firefox, go to File > Import... and follow the prompts.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
greboguru

greboguru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiz_Theavanti View Post
Yeah, Same! I have firefox 3 and that is why we don't have it! can anyone help please?

The Avanti Blog.
In Firefox 3 you go to the Bookmarks menu and select "Organize Bookmarks". This brings up the "Library" window.

In the left-hand column, make sure "All Bookmarks" is highlighted.

There are five buttons on the upper left: left arrow, right arrow, gear, lines, and a box in a star; select the box in a star button. That will pull down a menu. Select the last item in that menu: "Export HTML".

That will export your bookmarks as an HTML file; you can name it whatever you want and save it wherever you want. You can then import that to your new browser.

Good luck!

Grebo
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« CarbonLib is gone | Boot Camp: Windows XP Install Stuck »